INTERIM POLICE CHIEF
CITY OF CROSSVILLE
The City of Crossville is now accepting applications for the position of Interim Police Chief through the Department of Labor, Career Center located at 60 Ridley Street, Crossville, TN. This position will be for up to 18 months. This employee will be under executive direction of the City Manager. Work to be performed includes directing the overall activities of the Police Department, but more specifically, evaluating daily operations, reviewing special programs and projects being conducted by the department, reviewing departmental SOP’s, developing and implementing staff training programs and developing a succession plan for the department. The ideal candidate must be P.O.S.T. certified and possess a Bachelor’s degree in Police Science, Public Administration, Criminal Justice (or related field) and will have served as Chief or Assistant Chief a minimum of seven years, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Consideration will be given for FBI National Academy and/or Southern Police Institutes and FBI Leeds graduate. Salary range will be a minimum $65,700.00 and negotiable DOQ. Other requirements include:
- Must possess a valid Tennessee operator’s license or obtain such
- Must reside within Cumberland County or move within the County within 90 days of employment.
- Meet annual P. O.S. T. in-service requirements
- Must have completed P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement Management and Administration training.
- Must be examined by a City designated physician to make a determination if applicant will be able to meet the physical standards of law enforcement personnel.
A complete job description is available upon request. Salary is negotiable DOQ. Applications will be accepted until the close of business on December 30, 2014. The City of Crossville is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, disability or national origin.