CITY OF CROSSVILLE
The City of Crossville (pop 11,246) is seeking letters of interest and resumes for the position of City Manager. Starting annual salary is market competitive DOQ/DOE (minimum $69,166.37, maximum $110,572.83). A benefit package is offered including group health, dental and life, retirement 401A, vacation and sick leave provisions. This position is under the general guidance of the Crossville City Council consisting of a Mayor and four (4) councilmembers. The City Manager shall be responsible to the City Council for the administration of all City affairs placed in his/her charge by/under City Charter. The City of Crossville will operate under a general fund budget of $20,626,000 for the 2016/2017 fiscal year. The City Manager is responsible for overseeing the annual budget and exercises responsibility for planning, organizing and leading, through Department Supervisors, the activities of 170-180 full time employees. Employee services are provided through the departments of City Administration, Finance, Central Staff, Police, Fire, Public Works, Engineering, Recreation, Marketing, Human Resources, Water Resources and Customer Service. The City of Crossville is seeking an individual that is accomplished, assertive and has current knowledge of municipal government and economic development; is able to interface with the public, media, industry heads and a variety of governmental boards and organizations. Desired qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college, or university, with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Five to ten years of increasingly responsible experience in a general business environment, of which three years must have been in a responsible administrative, supervisory or consultative position.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA), Business Administration or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Able to pass a background check, post-employment offer physical and drug screening.
- Residency within Crossville within six (6) months of the date of hire. Reasonable relocation expense reimbursement may be negotiated.
The City of Crossville is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, disability or national origin.