ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
CITY OF CROSSVILLE
The City of Crossville is now accepting applications for an Entry Level Police Officer. Applications will be accepted through the Tennessee River Valley Career Center located at 60 Ridley Street directly behind Long John Silvers from November 1, 2013 through the close of business on November 15, 2013. A written test will be given at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 26 , 2013 at the Police Dept., Training Room, located at 99 Municipal Ave., Crossville, TN. There will be a physical agility test given at noon on November 26, 2013 at the Old National Guard Armory building behind Central Office (formerly Crossville Elementary School) . Applicants must make at least 75% on the written test in order to take the agility test. Applicants must wear appropriate clothing to take the physical agility test. All applicants must meet eligibility requirements. Applicants will be placed on a roster after completion of both sections of testing and positions will be filled from the roster. The Entry Level Police Officer position will start at an annual salary of $25,464.00 for a non-certified officer and $26,737.00 for a certified officer. This is a full time position and includes all of the benefits offered by the City of Crossville. Salary for Certified Officers is negotiable.
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a high school graduate or possess a GED. No waivers will be granted for minimum education requirements.
4. Never been convicted of /or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of Nolo Contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of Federal or State laws or City Ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substance.
5. Never been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
6. Have his/her fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
7. Pass a post-employment offer physical and drug screen by a physician chosen by the City of Crossville.
8. Be of good moral character as determined by an investigation conducted by the City of Crossville.
9. Be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-II) of the American Psychiatric Association. Applicants must pass a psychological exam by a psychiatrist or psychologist appointed by the City of Crossville.
10. If applicant is un-certified they must be able to attend and complete the Basic Police Academy.
The City of Crossville is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, disability or national origin.