The City adopted the policy recommended by the State of Tennessee regarding open records on January 13, 2009.
Applications & Permits - Request Forms are located on this page.
Any citizen of Tennessee is entitled to have access to any public records.
Requests that will require research and/or more than a few copies should be filed in writing using the “Inspection/Duplication of Records Request” form.The City has 7 days to either produce the information, deny the request, or provide an estimate of the time and cost to produce the records.
For general records (not personnel), the following information should be redacted:
- Credit card numbers
- Social Security numbers
- Driver’s License numbers
- Tax ID numbers
- Bank account information (including bank name, routing number, account number)
- Burglar alarm codes
- Security codes
- Access numbers
- Unpublished phone numbers
- Emergency contingency plans
- Identifying information on someone under order of protection
- Identifying information on domestic violence shelters/rape crisis center
Personnel Records – Maintained in one central location, locked, with controlled access.All requests for personnel information on police officers must be forwarded to and approved by Chief of Police who has the authority to not release any information based upon circumstances.
The following must be redacted:
- Social Security number
- Banking information
- Driver’s license number (unless required for job position)
- Medical records
- Home telephone numbers
- Personal cell phone numbers
- Residential street address
- Place of employment (Police only)
- Names, work addresses, and phone number of immediate family (Police only)
- Names, locations, phone number of schools or day care of spouse and children (Police only)
On-going investigations – Closed
Closed investigations – Open
Accident reports, arrest reports, 911 recordings – Open
Juvenile records – Closed
•$0.15 per page for black and white copies
•$0.50 per page for colored copies
•$0.15 per page for accident reports
•Maps, plats, electronic data, audio discs, video discs, and all other materials shall be duplicated at actual costs to the city
•Labor – No charge for requests requiring less than one hour of employee labor for research, retrieval and duplication.Labor in excess of one hour may be charged, in addition to the cost per copy.